TRIP AROUND THE WORLD 2003. (USA, Fiji, New Zealand and Japan)
This report is in the first place intended for relatives, friends and acquaintances. Maybe not always
interesting for everybody. The pictures of our trip that are photographically more interesting will
be shown under RECENT. (To be continued)
27. Walk in the neighbourhood of Levuka on the island of Ovalau.
28. Unique fashion in Levuka.
29. With strong winds the waves of the Pacific wash over the quay in Levuka. In front of the coast there are lots of coral reefs. When there is a storm, even the biggest waves will break on these reefs. However some of these reefs are dying and disintegrating. This could have serious consequenses in the future. If the sealevel is also going to rise due to global warming this is going to be an enormous threat to many small islands in the Pacific.
30. Palm beach on Fiji. The dark line in the distance is a large coral reef. In the foreground small reefs, they are above water with low tide.
31. Martino and Ranto snorkeling among the small reefs.
32. The holiday cabin at the beach where we stayed for a few days with Rosie, Martin and Martino.