TRIP AROUND THE WORLD 2003. (USA, Fiji, New Zealand and Japan)
This report is in the first place intended for relatives, friends and acquaintances. Maybe not always
interesting for everybody. The pictures of our trip that are photographically more interesting will
be shown under RECENT. (To be continued)
1. Via Chicago we flew to Dallas in Texas. We stayed a long weekend with Hank and Marinez Henry. Keiko and Marinez met for the first time after a correspondence of almost 19 years. Marinez was born in Brazil. Next year they are planning to visit Holland.
4. Keiko took this photograph from the plane between Dallas and Denver. The round green fields are caused by turning irrigation sprinklers.
5. In Denver we stayed 10 days with Peter and Yayoi Emerson. From left to right: Mathew Emerson, Yayoi Emerson-Ito, Peter Emerson, Sarah Emerson, Keiko, Ranto. Peter has lived in Japan for a long time and was an English teacher there. Yayoi is Keiko's Japanese friend. During our stay Ranto started to speak English with Mathew and Sarah. Every day I was surprised again about the speed with which children can learn to speak a language.
6. The "trick fountains" in Boulder, Colorado. From left to right: Ranto, Taylor (a Vietnamese friend), Mathew, Sarah.
7. The Pike's Peak cog railway at the terminal at 14.110 feet. When you amble up the mountain by train and then start walking around upon arrival you find out that there is very little oxygen in the air. A headache and you can hardly move your feet. Oxygen is available in the souvenirshop. http://www.cograilway.com/